Hello did you get my press release?
NeonDrum is featured in the new Press Release Distribution guide from SEO PR Training.
SEO PR Training reached out to a number of press release distribution services to compile this new resource for PR and marketing professionals - a valuable one, I think - and we were really happy to help Claire and Nichola with their questions.
I guess one thing that struck me just looking through the resulting guide is that, in terms of making an apples-to-apples comparison between all the different services, from a customer perspective, the focus ultimately has to be on the benefits rather than the features. There are some fundamental questions here, and they're ones that we'd encourage all service users to apply to their current arrangements, and ask of their existing suppliers:
* What will online press release distribution do for me?
* How do I know if it's been a success?
* How will my online reputation be improved?
* Will it make a measurable difference for my business?
* What action do I want potential customers take as a result of seeing my news?
* How cost-effective is it compared to other online PR and marketing activities?
Our customers tell us directly that they are measuring the success of our service in a number of ways, including increased brand visibility, boosted SEO and keyword rankings, an increase in sales leads and media enquiries, and by tracking the quality traffic that is driven to company websites as a result of a release distribution. Some clients even track and report an instant boost in sales following a NeonDrum distribution.
If you're not already harnessing the strengths of the new online news distribution services, you're likely to remain stuck in the mire of hit-and-hope PR - characterised by the following approach:
1) Email out a press release to a huge list of media contacts - the more the merrier
2) Send it out via a wire distribution service for good measure, to "get it out there"
3) Wait for a journalist to call or email...
4) Wait some more...
5) Feel the stirrings of "no coverage" panic
5) Pick up the phone for the dreaded "did you get my press release?" ring-round
Sound familiar? Online press release distribution is a completely different approach - connecting valued content with relevant readers, often directly - and eminently measureable. Try it. And then let us know what you think.
You can download the full Press Release Distribution guide from the SEO PR Training team here.
3rd February 2014, by: Claire
Tags: NeonDrum, press release distribution, content, curate conversation
NeonDrum Masterclass: Creating a Cracking News Release
3rd September 2013, by: Claire
Tags: NeonDrum, press release distribution, content
Top 5 Misconceptions of Press Release Distribution
16th January 2012, by: Nicky
Tags: newswire, electronics, pr, events
We are the Official Newswire for National Electronics Week