Date: 10th January 2013
San Francisco, California and Berlin, Germany 10th January 2013: CommuniGate Systems announces the availability of CommuniGate Pro 6.0. The award winning, world record holding, secure email and Unified Communications server platform now includes enhanced S/MIME and SRTP security encryption features for email and Voice Over IP communications, plus performance improvements gaining up to 3x more effciency, and a new Pronto! HTML5 client for future proof flexibility.
CommuniGate Pro is the industry leading Unified Communications solution for reliability, features and performance with unchallenged performance benchmarks; widely known to have super efficient scaling for the largest hosting environments in the world. CommuniGate Pro 6.0 delivers powerful new security and performance capabilities across Email, Instant Messaging, Calendaring, File Sharing, and VoIP to address the challenges of today’s communications security needs. These new features and improvements make CommuniGate Pro 6.0 an even more compelling solution for enterprises of any size, that have realized the need to have communications encrypted and require more powerful loss prevention mitigation techniques. The platform is from the industry’s only independent Unified Communications company that can deliver an all-in-one solution.
New Security Features
- SRTP to encrypt and secure Voice Over IP (VoIP) telephone calls
- The XIMMS API now includes S/MIME operations for secure email handling allowing any 3rd party applications or services to integrate seamlessly.
- The Lawful Intercept features now support PacketCable 2.0, allowing compliance with telecom regulations, banking and public sector legal conformity.
Pronto! Pro - Unified Communications Client
- A quick and easy way to manage S/MIME encryption certificates for secure and signed email
- Support for secured and encrypted VoIP calls with SRTP
- New support for large file transfers
- Secure and encrypted instant messaging and instant messaging file transfer
Pronto! Mobile – Android + iOS
- New version 1.8 for Android adds eDisc support
- New version 1.5 adds support for iOS 6
- The Pronto! family set now includes an HTML5 client to compliment the web, desktop and native mobile clients.
- New design allows simple chat and VoIP calls on desktop in any browser
- Support for Outlook 2013
- Support for ActiveSync v14.0 extensions
- MAPI connector re-write for up to 200% performance increase
- Improved provisioning capabilities with default Class of Service templates to allow multi-tiers in large scale carrier environments to have various channel packaging flavours.
- User account password complexity and policy management to improve security.
- Capabilities for certificate based access and multifactor authentication schemas.
Performance, Stability, and scaling factors
- Faster searching with improved server-side search
- Support in the Dynamic Cluster for integrated software based load-balancers – such as Linux LVS
- New “Sliced mailbox” increasing performance and capacity in large scale email deployments
Find out more, and download the free trial of CommuniGate Pro 6.0 here http://www.communigate.com
About CommuniGate Systems
CommuniGate Systems develops carrier-grade Unified Communications software for service providers to deliver value-added voice and multimedia services over IP-based networks. The Company's software solutions enable service providers to deliver hosted, SaaS, or Cloud-based communications solutions, including Voice over IP (VoIP), Mobile Voice over IP (mVoIP), Unified Communications and converged mobile and fixed-line services cost-effectively at massive scale.
CommuniGate Systems’ open-source cPanel plugin is the industry’s first Unified Communications hosting platform for virtual environments. The Company's software also includes the industry acclaimed CommuniGate Pro, Pronto!, the Unified Communications client for mobile, web and desktop.
For more information including an online demo of the cPanel plugin (no registration required) visit: http://cpanel.communigate.com. For the open-source project visit: