Date: 22nd September 2009
Yell today announces an agreement that makes its Yell.com local business search service available as a widget on a range of Samsung touch-screen devices.
The agreement marks the first time a Yell.com search widget has been made available for a device manufacturer’s widget gallery.
The specially designed Yell.com search icon is now downloadable free* from the Samsung ‘Widget Gallery’ and is pre-installed on three of Samsung’s full-touch-devices; the Samsung Jet (S800), Samsung Tocco Ultra (S8300) and Samsung Beat DJ (M7600). The widget will be pre-installed on further new devices in the coming months.
Samsung mobile users can personalise their device home screen with the Yell.com widget, allowing them to search for local services from Yell.com’s database of more than two million UK businesses with a single touch.
The Yell.com widget is the only UK classified local business directory search service available in the Samsung ‘Widget Gallery’.
David Pearce, head of mobile services for Yell in the UK, said: “Samsung’s stylish touch screen handsets are an ideal platform for us, providing users with quick and easy access to Yell.com’s free, detailed UK local business information - wherever they are, whenever they need it.
“This agreement signals significant expansion for Yell in the fast moving mobile space. By working with a leading mobile handset manufacturer, we are widening the accessibility to our business information for a new audience.”
To find out more information about Yell.com’s mobile services, visit www.yellmobile.com on a pc.
To access Yell.com mobile directly, visit mobile.yell.com using your mobile’s web browser.
Tel: 0118 9506977
Mobile: 0783 4893174
Tel: 01932 455234
Mobile: 0778 8978347
Samsung UK Press Office
The Red Consultancy
Tel: 020 7025 6620
Notes to editors:
* Yell.com mobile will offer all of its services free of charge to users. Standard network charges will apply and will vary dependent on individual providers and tariff packages.
Yell.com mobile should only be downloaded and used by or with the permission of the mobile phone bill payer.
In accordance with UK laws, Yell.com mobile should not be used whilst driving.
Restrictions and conditions apply.
Launched in 1996, Yell.com is a leading local search engine and major online advertising medium for UK businesses. Yell.com provides users with a direct route to finding a business or service online using keyword, type of business, or company name and location as search criteria. Users can review relevant search results and quickly determine the right business for their needs. Yell.com’s database of over two million UK business listings including 215,000
searchable advertisers (June 2009) can be accessed via the web site (www.yell.com) and mobile channels including JAVA™ and WAP services. Yell.com provides several useful features such as zoom-enabled maps with directions, closest car parks and a personal Yell.com address book facility to keep a record of regularly used businesses.
Yell.com is part of Yell, a leading international directories business operating in classified advertising markets in the UK, US, Spain and Latin America through printed, online and telephone-based media. Yell’s principal brands include: in the UK, Yellow Pages, Yell.com and 118 24 7; in the US, Yellow Book and Yellowbook.com; and in Spain, Paginas Amarillas and PaginasAmarillas.es. All these brands are trademarks.
Yell's online image library, containing product shots and logos can be found at: www.yellgroup.com/images
About Samsung Mobile UK
· Samsung Mobile division manufactures and markets a wide range of mobile telecommunications products across pre-pay and post-pay markets, in both the consumer and business segments.
· Samsung mobile phones are divided into six major categories – Style, Infotainment, Multimedia, Connected, Essential and Business and is headed up by Vice President Mark Mitchinson.
· The Mobile division is part of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2006 parent company sales of US$63.4 billion and net income of US$8.5 billion.
· For more information, please visit http://www.samsungmobile.co.uk/