Date: 29th September 2009
· Revenue increase of 74%
· Gross profit increase of 52%
· Headcount increase of 46%
· Successful launch of new mobile internet publishing company, Kilrush
29 September 2009: Mobile Interactive Group (MIG) - www.migcan.com, the UK’s leading integrated mobile and digital communications group continues to experience exceptional growth, bucking the trend in today’s tough economic climate. MIG’s consolidated financial accounts reveal a substantial revenue increase of 74%, from £39m to £68m in the year to 30th April 2009.
Barry Houlihan, CEO and Founder, MIG commented “Our unique corporate structure and service offering ensures we continue to see increased demand for our mobile and digital technology, products and services across the group companies. Despite the recession, MIG has significantly grown its customer base, year on year, along with several major new contract wins.”
“In 2009, we expect to see continued growth from our core group businesses and will be making further new customer announcements in the very near future. In addition, we plan to announce the launch of numerous new products and technologies, as well as new businesses that will continue to position MIG at the forefront of mobile and digital technological advancement.”
“MIG has traditionally been seen as a UK based business” continues Houlihan, “but 2009 will see our group companies expanding into new markets globally. We will continue to grow our business, as we always have done, organically, and by working with new and existing customers in these new territories.”
Businesses within Mobile Interactive Group include M-commerce, Messaging Solutions and Interactive Platforms business, Mobile Interactive Technology; Mobile Internet Publishing business, Kilrush; Digital Technology Agency, Jigsaw; Mobile Advertising Agency 4th Screen Advertising and Live Experience Technology agency New Toy.
Examples of new MIG customers over the past 12 months include:
· O2: O2 contracted with Mobile Interactive Technology and its MIDAS platform to power O2 Alerts services to their 18million UK customer base
· Orange: For the bespoke build of an ‘Instant Win’ platform to power Orange UK’s ‘Bright Top Ups’ programme aimed at the Pay As You Go market
· Vodafone: For utilising the Kilrush platform to enable customers using Vodafone Live to create a fully personalised and tailored mobile internet experience called Vodafone ‘My Page’
· ITV: For mobile internet platform Kilrush to provide proprietary publishing technology to enable ITV.com’s production team to update their mobile internet sites on a daily basis
· Walkers: For delivering cross platform digital solutions encompassing online, SMS, WAP, email, social media such as Facebook, and bespoke app builds, to deliver a fully integrated offering for Walkers Do us a Flavour, Win a Packet campaign by our digital technology agency Jigsaw
· Barclaycard: For the first financial services brand to utilise 4th Screen Advertising’s iSlide, an expandable new rich media advertising format built specifically to target the 40 million iPhone and iPod touch consumers globally
· COI: For creating a ground breaking viral mobile application for The Home Office’s ‘It’s Doesn’t Have to Happen’ anti-knife crime campaign called ‘Pocket Beatz’
· Comic Relief: To enable the UK population to make £1 and £5 donations directly to the charity via mobile, powered by Mobile Interactive Technology’s MIDAS platform which delivered 4.75 million mobile interactions, generating £7.8million for Comic Relief and setting a new world record
07771 512 057
About Mobile Interactive Group:
Mobile Interactive Group (MIG) is a global integrated mobile and digital communications business and is the fastest growing privately owned technology company in the UK.
Comprising a unique combination of businesses, MIG specialist disciplines include mobile advertising, mobile marketing, mobile billing, mobile messaging, mobile technology and services provision, multi channel digital solutions, mobile internet publishing, experiential design and application development.
Innovation, technology, creativity and passion remain core to everything we do and we aim to help our clients understand the benefits of adopting a fully integrated, cross platform communications strategy.
All platforms and applications are developed in–house and are MIG’s proprietary technology, and currently serve multiple sectors including MNO’s, media and broadcasters, music and entertainment business, financial services, public sector, brands, agencies and handset manufacturers.