Date: 22nd April 2010
Surrey, April 22, 2010: The free launch event for Digital Surrey (www.digitalsurrey.co.uk) has been confirmed to take place on April 29 between 7-11pm at Surrey Sports Park, the newly opened multimillion pound sport and leisure facility owned by the University of Surrey. This will be the first Digital Surrey event and welcomes everyone with an interest in the digital world.
Co-ordinated by Surrey based PR agency thebluedoor (www.thebluedoor.com), Digital Surrey aims to create a space for the digital community of Surrey to stay in touch, meet-up, network, learn and share. This first event is to be held at Surrey Sports Park’s new bar and restaurant: the bench.
thebluedoor can announce that the speaker on the evening will be Benjamin Ellis of social technology company Redcatco (www.redcatco.com). The speech will focus on the myths of measurement in social media. Benjamin is highly experienced in the digital arena and has a background based in engineering and psychology.
The Surrey Sports Park aims to be one of Europe’s premiere sites for sport and physical activity. The venue will host both national and international sporting events such as professional netball, basketball tournaments and championships, as well as other community, social and charity events.
Conveniently located in Guildford, the venue is close to Guildford’s mainline train station, just a short walk from the town centre (view map). The Surrey Sports Park also has free parking on site for those driving in from further afield.
Surrey Sports Park Chief Executive, Jason Harborow comments on the upcoming event: “It’s really exciting to be holding the very first Digital Surrey event at Surrey Sports Park. We welcome the digital community of Surrey and we hope that the facility will be used for other such ventures in the future.”
Surrey Digital is in its early stages and invites anyone who may be interested in taking part, speaking or contributing to email getinvolved[at]digitalsurrey[dot]co.uk.
For more information please contact:
Tel: 01252 899 969.
Notes to editors:
About Digital Surrey:(www.digitalsurrey.co.uk)
• Digital Surrey is an initiative of the thebluedoor pr agency.
• Digital Surrey is a community for like-minded people wanting to stay up-to-date with the ever changing digital landscape, and: meet-up, network, learn, share.
• For more information on Digital Surrey please visit the website www.digitalsurrey.co.uk or alternatively join the Digital Surrey group on LinkedIn.
• thebluedoor is a specialist external communications agency that aims to make a positive impact on the way businesses are viewed and understood.
• thebluedoor works to design and implement effective communication programmes crafted to start conversations with target external audiences.
• thebluedoor is one of over 160 PRCA members based throughout the UK. These consultancies are of all sizes, working for clients in all business sectors. Together they employ around 5,000 people and generate more than £400 million in each year in fees from clients.
About the Surrey University Sports Park:
• Surrey Sports Park will house some of the most up to date sports facilities in the country. As well as Surrey’s first 50 metre indoor pool, there will be glass backed squash courts with two show courts with spectator seating, eight outdoor floodlit tennis courts, two new floodlit artificial grass pitches including one 3rd generation pitch, a 120 station health and fitness centre and a 12m high Climbing Centre with unique bouldering facility. The 250 seat Starbucks Coffee House will be the first Starbucks in Europe to be housed within a multi-sports facility.
• Not only will the Surrey Sports Park facilitate able bodied sporting excellence, it will also provide first rate facilities and access for disabled athletes and selection as an official training venue for the Paralympic Games in 2012 has emphasised its top rate provision for disability sport.
For more information visit www.surreysportspark.co.uk