Date: 1st December 2010
Meyreuil, France - December 1st, 2010- StarChip® today announced it will demonstrate its first SIM controller based on Cortus APS3 and SST embedded Flash at Cartes and IDentification 2010 show in Hall 3 Booth 139 (3F139).
The SCF392G is the first chip of the SCF SIM controllers family designed to cover demands of Mobile Communication and M2M applications.
StarChip® carefully selected or developed the most advanced technologies and IPs to optimize the design of its SCF SIM family in order to meet the demand of highly effective SIM controllers, as well as short lead times and maximum reliability. At the same time, StarChip® enables customers to benefit from a more cost-effective value chain by purchasing finished products directly from the most competitive foundries.
StarChip® enables cost savings through innovation and reconfiguration of the value chain system:
• Native 32-bit capability at 8-bit cost
• High-density memory enhanced by proprietary E3 (ECUBE) Endurance Enhancement Engine to reach up to 2 Billion cycles endurance
• Accelerating software uploading in manufacturing bringing cost savings
• Customers purchase directly from foundries giving savings through reduced-cost value chain
StarChip® is a dynamic semiconductor company that enables customers to directly benefit from its unique, optimized value chain system. We design and qualify products for mass production, then license our solutions for purchase directly by our customers through qualified foundries and test houses.
StarChip® products are based on state-of-the art, flash-based 32-bit architectures. They are designed to offer maximum integration, providing support for embedded, innovative security technologies, analog functionality, and connectivity and control interfaces. The result is a flexible set of solutions that can easily meet the requirements of a wide variety of markets, including smart card and security, consumer, automotive, and industrial applications.
Find out more about StarChip® and SIM & M2M products by visiting the links below:
• For more information about StarChip® : http://www.starchip-ic.com
• See StarChip® complete SIM & M2M portfolio: http://www.starchip-ic.com/Products
• Download StarChip® SIM & M2M datasheets: http://www.starchip-ic.com/Download
StarChip is a registered trademark of StarChip® Company.
Cortus: this product uses APS3 CPU core. APS3 is a producst of CORTUS S.A
This product uses SuperFlash® technology. Super Flash® is registered trademark of Silicon Storage Technology, Inc.
Tel: +33 1 34 52 20 75
Mob: +33 6 78 11 47 80