Date: 11th March 2011
March 11th 2011 - Running over the two days of NEW:UK on 12th and 13th April 2011 at the NEC Birmingham we are delighted to announce another full free seminar programme for the UKs electronics industry – offering visitors a wealth of learning and the opportunity to see 100’s of different products and services displayed by our ever increasing exhibitor list.
Programme 12th April:
• Dr Ian Dalrymple (C-Tech) - SURFENERGY - Project overview & Energy Management Systems
• Stuart Dalrymple (C-Tech) - The SURFENERGY Energy Efficiency Advisor
• Dr Rod Kellner (Env-Aqua Solutions) - Energy benchmarking and auditing in PCB manufacturing
• Dr Martin Goosey (Institute of Circuit Technology - Innovative electronics Manufacturing Research Centre) - Energy Efficiency Best Practice Guide
• Dr Andy Cobley (Coventry University) - Ultrasonically enhanced desmear process
Programme 13th April:
• Dr Axel Bindel (Loughborough University) - Adding life cycle visibility to electronic products with embedded RFID within the PCB
• Dr Darren Cadman (Innovative electronics Manufacturing Research Centre) - Novel interconnect work supported by the IeMRC
• Wendy Heyes (CC Electronics) - The future for PCB manufacturing and the internet
• Kerry Hewlett (Graphic Plc) - High Density Interconnect Now and in the Future
• Speaker tbc (Stevenage Circuits)
Event Director Claire Saunders comments “We are very happy to be working with Intellect and ICT on this project, offering seminars and opportunities for visitors to gain knowledge as well as see our wide range of exhibits and features allows us to offer a valuable use of our visitors time. The UK electronics industry is strong and is a world leader – we hope that NEW:UK will give this industry the platform it deserves and we hope that visitors come along to learn, meet new contacts and find tools to improve their businesses.”
About NEW:UK: National Electronics Week - If you thought you knew what NEW UK represented you need to take another look. We shine the spotlight on sectors such as embedded systems and software, rapid prototyping, component manufacturing, component distribution, power supplies, capital equipment, PCB equipment manufacturers and services and board manufacturers plus many more. If you are a involved in the UK electronics industry then NEW UK is the show you must be at.
About Intellect: Intellect provides a collective voice for its members and drives connections with government and business to create a commercial environment in which they can thrive. Intellect represents more than 780 companies ranging from SMEs to multinationals. As the hub for this community, Intellect is able to draw upon a wealth of experience and expertise to ensure that our members are best placed to tackle challenges now and in the future.
Tel: 01483 420229